Are there any things I should avoid, if I want to become Krishna conscious?
Here are some guidelines to keep in mind for anyone wanting to maintain a high level of spiritual consciousness. These are from the Upadeshamrita, or the Nectar of Instruction. To read more detailed explanations, click here.
- To eat more than required or accumulate more than necessary.
- To work too hard for temporary things.
- To speak unnecessarily or speak about material things that have no connection to a life of bhakti.
- To follow scriptural rules and regulations blindly.
- To neglect to follow scriptural rules and regulations.
- To keep the intimate company of persons who have no interest in bhakti.
- To be deceitful.
- To be disturbed by material loss or gain, or overwhelmed by lamentation or anger.
- To be greedy for mundane achievements.
- To cause pain to any other living being.
- To offend Krishna's holy names.
- To offend the temple Deity.
Any terms here unfamiliar to you? Visit our glossary.