Advent of the Bhagavad-gita
Today is celebrated as Gita Jayanti, the day on which the Bhagavad-gita was spoken by Krishna to Arjuna on the Battlefield of Kurukshetra. The Bhagavad-gita continues to be one of the world's most popular and inspiring books, covering topics such as the immortality of the self, the origin of all existence, how to remain peaceful in the most trying circumstances, and the relationship between us and God.
- More about the Bhagavad-gita
- Setting the scene - a look at the historical and political context in which the Battle of Kurukshetra took place and the Bhagavad-gita was spoken.
- The Bhagavad-gita As It Is - the version of the Gita which has enhanced the spiritual lives of so many of its readers.
- Chapter Summary - a bird's eye view of the topics covered in the Bhagavad-gita.
- Read/listen/study - additional online resources for exploring this great literature.