End of Karttika
Karttika is a name for a month that corresponds to October/November of the Western calendar. This month is considered a most auspicious time for performing spiritual activities.
The name Karttika refers to Srimati Radharani, the feminine form of the Absolute Truth and the dearmost companion of Krishna. Karttika is also known as the month of Damodara, a name of Krishna that refers to His babyhood pastime of being tied up by His loving mother after He was caught stealing butter.
- Karttika, the Sale of the Year
- it's like an annual bhakti-yoga "buy one, get one" event.
- All About Karttika
- a unique month, when extra spiritual benefits can be enjoyed for just a little extra effort.
- Video: Observing Karttika
- a longtime observer of Karttika shares some of the history behind this unique month, as well as some of its practices and his personal experiences following them.
- Video: Benefits of Following Karttika
- Lives of the Vaishnava Acharyas host Chaturatma Dasa tells us some of the benefits he's experienced from his yearly practice of taking vows during the month of Karttika (October-November).
- Video: Karttika and the Family
- Lives of the Vaishnava Acharyas host Chaturatma Dasa tells a little about how his family reacts to his practice of following the month of Damodara or Karttika.