I'd like to practice Krishna consciousness, but I live far from any temple. What are some practical things I can do right now?
To start connecting with Krishna through Bhakti yoga, here are some things you can do right now:
- Show God you’re thinking about Him by chanting His names: Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
- Get a picture of Krishna and begin offering your food to Him.
- Offer Krishna a flower or water with love.
- Read something about Krishna from the books by Srila Prabhupada and try to think deeply about what you've read.
- Try to visit a temple of Krishna.
- Associate with Krishna devotees through Live Help on Krishna.com. [See the upper left hand side of this page above "Index".]
- Make your own unique offering to Krishna: an action, a thought, a gift, a song, a dance… The opportunities are unlimited.
Chant for five minutes a day, or as much as you can. Simply chant or sing in your mind, or under your breath, or out loud—wherever you are, any time of the day or night. Sing and chant with friends. Chant and meditate with beads. Serious practitioners of Bhakti yoga chant 16 times around a string of 108 beads every day.