To learn anything well—in any field of knowledge—it helps to have a good teacher. It's just as true for spiritual life as it is for tennis, piano, physics, or auto repair. This is why all sincere spiritual seekers eventually try to find a guru, or spiritual master.
What are the qualifications of a genuine guru? Why is finding one so important?
- How Can I Find a Spiritual Master (guru)?
- Pure Teachers—What makes one teacher better than another?
- Qualities of a Pure Devotee—What are the standards by which a devotee, teacher, or guru can be judged?
- What Do I Need a Guru for?
- How to Recognize a Saintly Person—how can we know who's really saintly?
- The Importance of Accepting a Spiritual Master—why is it so helpful for anyone interested in making spiritual progress to find a guru?